Are you a Veteran or served in the armed forces? Would you like support with any clinical or non-clinical issues you may have?

The Veterans Covenant Healthcare Alliance (VCHA) aims to improve NHS care for the Armed Forces community by supporting trusts, health boards and other providers to identify, develop and showcase the best standards of care.

Veteran Friendly Practice

As a Veteran Friendly Accredited Practice, we would like to support our veterans by offering a dedicated service. Dr Chapman is our Veteran lead, and he works with a team of care coordinators who are on hand to support you, should you have any concerns.

We ask that patients advise the Practice if they are Veteran. Please speak with one of our patient care coordinators or send an email to so that we can update your medical record accordingly.


Below are services that can support Veterans. There are also some useful links and resources in the resource section of this page:


Op COURAGE: the Veterans Mental Health and Wellbeing Service

Op COURAGE is an NHS mental health specialist service designed to help serving personnel due to leave the military, reservists, armed forces veterans and their families.

The East of England

Call 0300 034 9991 or email


Veteran’s Gateway

24/7 phoneline

First point of contact for welfare needs including housing, finances, employment, physical and mental wellbeing


Veterans Trauma Network (VTN)

The VTN is the first NHS veterans’ physical health care pathway, providing care and treatment to those with a service-attributable healthcare problem.

Located in thirteen major trauma centres (Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Leeds, Liverpool, London (three centres), Middlesbrough, Nottingham, Oxford and Plymouth) across England, the VTN works closely with Defence Medical Services, national centres of clinical expertise and Op COURAGE, as well as military charities to provide a complete package of care.

It is run largely by healthcare professionals who are either veterans or serving members of the Armed Forces.

The GP can refer you to this service.